Attention Band and Orchestra Teachers! Ningenius is on sale!
I received an e-mail this morning that the iPad app Ningenius is on sale for a limited time (Through January 22nd).
Ningenius is a fun app that helps band and orchestra students remember fingerings and note names. Paul Shimmons has written about this app in the past (link #1 and link #2), and I have mentioned it, too (link).
The app is unique that it comes in a student (one person, one instrument), studio (unlimited students, one instrument on one iPad), and school (unlimited students, all instruments on one iPad) versions.
- Woodwinds: Flute, Clarinet, Oboe, Bassoon, Saxophone
- Brass: Trumpet, French Horn, Trombone, Euphonium, and Tuba
- Strings: Violin, Viola, Cello, Bass, and Guitar
- Keyboard: Piano and Mallet Percussion (Xylophone/Bells)
The sale prices:
- Student Edition: 66% off! Only $0.99!
- Studio Edition: 50% off! Only $4.99!
- School Edition: 50% off! Only $8.99!
If I were a band teacher, particularly at the beginning stages, I would want my students to have this app, and I would want the school version on my iPad. Additionally, if you would use academic pricing for the app (buying more than 20 at a time through your school) the cost is $0.49 per app (and if your apps are assigned through a MDM, you can take apps back and reassign in the future).
This is a great time to buy the app. I don't normally ask this–but if you know any band or orchestra teachers that either teach in 1:1 iPad Schools or have iPads of their own, send along a link to this post–or just let them know the app is on sale.