This will be the last blog entry (at least, for a while) regarding my iBook that is available on the iBookstore. There are a few things I wanted to mention about the iBook that I forgot to mention in my last post about the book.
- The price of the iBook is $4.99. It is public knowledge that to sell a book on the iBookstore, Apple gets 30% of the price, and the author (or publisher) gets 70% of the price. When all is said and done, each iBook brings in about $3.49 (US)–at least before income tax. The book is priced so that it is a good deal for the reader, and so that it has the potential to bring in a small financial reward for putting together the book–not to mention as a incentive for me to create a second edition of the book in the future, as technology will continue to change.
- At this point, I do not plan to create a PDF version of the book to sell via PayLoadz, and I will probably remove my previous editions from the PayLoadz store in the near future.
- My iBook is listed in the category of education, which is a category in the iBookstore, but it is a category that does not appear on its own in the iBookstore. So other than word of mouth or by using search by title, I don’t know how people will find the book.
- If you find an error in the book, please take a moment to send me a correction. Apple won’t allow me to update content with the same ISBN, but I can correct spelling errors or similar issues. In re-reading chapters, I’ve already found some errors, which I’ll wait to update when I have a good number to fix at one time. I may be able to add a new app link here and there, but I am not sure at what point Apple will allow this to continue without considering it additional content.
- Supposedly, iBooks update the same way as apps update in the AppStore (free to purchasers).
- And finally, if you find my iBook worthwhile, please recommend it to others.
- Thanks again for your support! I hope you enjoy Practical Technology for Music Education!