Some iOS Christmas Advice
I don’t know about your family, but many Apple devices were a part of our Christmas season. Two nieces received iPod Touches, a brother-in-law bought an iPad, we bought my mother-in-law an Apple TV, and a number of accessories were given, too.
Some general advice:
- Update to the latest version of iOS first. Some accessories (BlueTooth keyboard) worked better with iOS 5.0.1 than 4.3.2.
- Turn on “Find my iPhone” on any iOS device immediately. Even if no one tries stealing it you will be able to send an audio “ping” if it gets lost. Seriously, do this immediately.
- Check the App Store for some great deals. Many apps are on sale for the Holiday season at $0.99
- Learn to use iMessage and FaceTime on your iOS device.
- Congrats on your new devices!